Maana Electric’s engineering team is looking to fill the role of a Senior Electrical Engineer. The main tasks for this position within Maana’s engineering team include:
- Building and leading a dedicated engineering team.
- Being responsible of the electrical design of complex subsystems within the electrical power subsystem.
- Designing electrical circuits, board layouts and equipment for other powered subsystems.
- Implementing and maintaining electrical quality standards.
- Performing literature research and trade-off analysis for the definition of subsystem requirements and create the solutions to meet expected performance requirements.
- Collaborating with specialists in other disciplines to support their electrical needs and integration into the electrical power subsystem
- Conducting testing of the designed subsystem, post-data analysis with theoretical and experimental data and writing reports.
- Master degree in Electrical Engineering or related engineering field and 5 years of experience OR Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering in the field of electrical design and control and 2 years of experience.
- Strong knowledge within electrical system designs, from first principles concepts through design of production hardware.
- Strong knowledge and experience with high power industrial applications.
- Experience with power conversion methods and high current systems.
- Experience with harness installation and wiring.
- Good knowledge of Matlab/Simulink and/or simulation tools.
- Familiarity with the European electrical standards and compliance regulations.
- Experience in Project and Team management.
- Good written and oral communication in English. Other languages are considered an asset.
- Strong work ethics and passion to set and meet high performance standards.
- Leadership and team motivation skills.
- Able to set priorities and work under tight deadlines.
- Knowledge/experience in the Semiconductor, Metallurgy and/or Space industry is an asset.
- Experience with understanding of electric and electronic circuits as they apply to power electronics and controls.
- Knowledge of safety regulations with high voltage and high current system handling.
- Experience with validation and verification of electrical power systems using laboratory and in-field testing.
Due to the nature of the Equipment, the person filling this position cannot have any medical implants, such as pacemakers, that are sensitive to strong magnetic fields.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary package & benefits.
- Enthusiastic and motivated team.
- Friendly and innovation focussed working environment.
- Flexibility and responsibility within the team.
- Ability to develop within the team as the company grows.
This position will be available from October 2019.
Apply using the form below or feel free to send us your CV and a short motivation directly to:
When sending your CV & motivation to us directly, please indicate in the title of your email which position you are applying to.