Maana Electric’s engineering team is looking to fill the role of a Junior Electro-mechanical engineer. The main tasks for this position within Maana’s engineering team include:
- Supporting the engineering team dedicated to the electromechanical design of complex subsystems.
- Designing, assembling and testing of electromechanical equipment and systems.
- Rapid prototyping of new design concepts by means of CNC machine and 3D printing.
- Collaborating with individuals in other disciplines to support their electrical needs and integration into the electrical power subsystem.
- Supporting the test campaign of prototypes/subsystems.
- Providing CAD models and stress analysis of mechanical components and equipment.
- Assisting in the transferring of laboratory results in upscaling prototypes.
- Supporting the design of upscaled prototypes.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical/Robotics/Mechatronics Engineering or related fields.
- Knowledge within electromechanical and machine design principles, CAD modelling and basic stress analysis.
- Hands-on skills for building and assembling laboratory test equipment and prototypes.
- Good knowledge of Matlab/Simulink and programming languages (Python, C, C++, etc.) to drive the design process.
- Good written and oral communication in English. Other languages are considered an asset.
- Strong work ethics and passion to set and meet high performance standards.
- Able to set priorities and work under tight deadlines.
- Knowledge/experience in the Semiconductor, Metallurgy, Mining and/or Space industry is an asset.
- Experience with design of novel electromechanical systems from concept to functional equipment.
- Experience in automation and programming of controllers.
- 1 year relevant experience in the field, such as f.e. machine design.
- Knowledge of interdisciplinary systems involving mechanics & actuators, electronics, sensing & control.
- Knowledge of basic PCB design.
- Familiar with prototyping by means of CNC machines and 3D printed components.
- Familiar with interdisciplinary (electrical, software, control, materials) laboratory and in-field testing.
- EU nationality, EU visa or work permit for Luxembourg.
Due to the nature of the Equipment, the person filling this position cannot have any medical implants, such as pacemakers, that are sensitive to strong magnetic fields.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary package & benefits.
- Enthusiastic and motivated team.
- Friendly and innovation focussed working environment.
- Flexibility and responsibility within the team.
- Ability to develop within the team as the company grows..
This position will be available from October 2019.
Apply using the form below or feel free to send us your CV and a short motivation directly to:
When sending your CV & motivation to us directly, please indicate in the title of your email which position you are applying to.