Maana Electric’s engineering team is looking to fill the role of a junior thermal engineer. The main tasks for this position within Maana’s engineering team include:
- Mechanical and thermal design within the thermal control subsystem.
- Design of thermal components, including heat exchangers, pumps, routing, valves, and other devices.
- Developing and performing dedicated thermal and structural analysis by means of commercial FEM tools.
- Collaborating with people in other disciplines to support their electrical needs and integration into the electrical power subsystem.
- Supporting the test campaign of prototypes/subsystems.
- Conducting post-data analysis with theoretical and experimental data and writing reports.
- Assisting in the transferring of laboratory results in upscaling prototypes.
- Supporting the design of upscaled prototypes.
- Bachelor in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering or in the field of thermal control.
- Familiar with thermal system designs for design of production hardware.
- Understanding of thermal modelling at various levels (1D, 2D and 3D), experience in simulating effects due to coupling of different physical behaviors
- Good knowledge of Matlab/Simulink and FEM simulation tools.
- Hands-on skills for building and assembling laboratory test equipment.
- Good knowledge of MS Office package (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Matlab/Simulink and programming languages (Python, C++, etc.).
- Good written and oral communication in English. Other languages are considered an asset.
- Strong work ethics and passion to set and meet high performance standards.
- Able to set priorities and work under tight deadlines.
- 1 year relevant experience in the field.
- Knowledge/experience in the Semiconductor, Metallurgy and/or Space industry is an asset.
- Familiar with electrical power systems laboratory and in-field testing.
- EU nationality, EU student visa or work permit for Luxembourg.
Due to the nature of the Equipment, the person filling this position cannot have any medical implants, such as pacemakers, that are sensitive to strong magnetic fields.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary package & benefits.
- Enthusiastic and motivated team.
- Friendly and innovation focussed working environment.
- Flexibility and responsibility within the team.
- Ability to develop within the team as the company grows.
Apply using the form below or feel free to send us your CV and a short motivation directly to:
When sending your CV & motivation to us directly, please indicate in the title of your email which position you are applying to.