Maana Electric’s engineering team is looking to fill the role of a Junior Metallurgical Engineer. The main tasks for this position within Maana’s engineering team include:
- Supporting the engineering team dedicated to design of subsystems for extraction and purification of metals and metalloids.
- Designing and testing of metal purification processes.
- Collaborating with people in other disciplines.
- Supporting the test campaign of prototypes/subsystems.
- CAD modelling of components and equipment.
- Assisting in the transfer of laboratory results in upscaling prototypes.
- Supporting the design of upscaled prototypes.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Metallurgical/Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or related fields.
- Knowledge of structure and physical properties of metals and alloys and basic principles of metallurgy.
- Knowledge of metal extraction and purification methodologies.
- Hands-on skills for building and assembling laboratory test equipment and prototypes.
- Good knowledge of MS Office package (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), dedicated modelling and FEM simulation tools.
- Good written and oral communication in English. Other languages are considered an asset.
- Strong work ethic and passion to set and meet high performance standards.
- Able to set priorities and work under tight deadlines.
- Knowledge/experience in the Semiconductor, Metallurgy and/or Space industry is an asset.
- 1 year relevant experience in the field.
- Knowledge of sample analysis techniques (such as X-ray fluorescence, spectroscopy methods , etc.).
- Familiar with laboratory and in-field testing and knowledge of the basic safety regulation within working with high temperature systems and molten metals.
- Ability to deal with metal manufacturing processes or technical issues.
Due to the nature of the Equipment, the person filling this position cannot have any medical implants, such as pacemakers, that are sensitive to strong magnetic fields.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary package & benefits.
- Enthusiastic and motivated team.
- Friendly and innovation focussed working environment.
- Flexibility and responsibility within the team.
- Ability to develop within the team as the company grows.
This position will be available from October 2019.
Apply using the form below or feel free to send us your CV and a short motivation directly to:
When sending your CV & motivation to us directly, please indicate in the title of your email which position you are applying to.