Maana Electric’s engineering team is looking to fill the role of a Data & Computer Systems Engineer. The main tasks for this position within Maana’s engineering team include:
- Being responsible of the data handling and communication design of complex subsystems within the data and communication subsystem.
- Design of the data handling equipment, the communication network and other related devices within the system.
- Developing and performing dedicated models for Software-in-the-loop testing.
- Design of data acquisition, storage, and visualization systems.
- Performing literature research and trade-off analysis for the definition of subsystem requirements and create the solutions to meet the expected performance requirements.
- Collaborating with specialists in other disciplines to support their data and communication needs and integration into the data and communication subsystem.
- Conducting testing of the designed subsystem, post-data analysis with theoretical and experimental data and writing reports.
- Master degree in Computer Science Engineering or related engineering field and 3 years of experience OR Ph.D. in Computer Science/Telecommunications Engineering in the field of system data handling and communication networks.
- Familiarity or experience with signal processing and data acquisition.
- Experience in the development of modelling and simulations tools.
- Experience with datacenter networks implementation, support and database programming languages (i.e. mysql, oracle).
- Familiarity with internet Protocol (TCP/IP), routing protocols, LAN switching, Internet and Intranet systems, and Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) based network management systems.
- Good knowledge of Matlab/Simulink and modelling tools and proficiency in programming languages (Python, C++, etc.).
- Experience installing network equipment and wiring.
- Good written and oral communication in English. Other languages are considered an asset.
- Strong work ethics and passion to set and meet high performance standards.
- Leadership and team motivation skills.
- Able to set priorities and work under tight deadlines.
- Knowledge/experience in the Semiconductor, Metallurgy, Energy and/or Space industry is an asset.
- Experience with RF links for in-field testing.
- EU nationality or work permit for Luxembourg.
Due to the nature of the Equipment, the person filling this position cannot have any medical implants, such as pacemakers, that are sensitive to strong magnetic fields.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary package & benefits.
- Enthusiastic and motivated team.
- Friendly and innovation focussed working environment.
- Flexibility and responsibility within the team.
- Ability to develop within the team as the company grows.
This position will be available from October 2019.
Apply using the form below or feel free to send us your CV and a short motivation directly to:
When sending your CV & motivation to us directly, please indicate in the title of your email which position you are applying to.